Lifetime 13' Kodiak Canoe, Red with 2 Bonus Canoe Paddles
Model #: 0008148380575
In stock at Walmart.com on 4-20-2018.
Lifetime 13' Kodiak Canoe, Red with 2 Bonus Canoe Paddles:
- 3 molded-in seats provide additional floatation and seating
- Bow and stern seats include quick-release seatbacks
- Uv-protected blow-molded high-density polyethelene (hdpe)
- Seats up to 3 paddlers
- Molded-in cupholders at the front
- Convenient centralized rod holders for fishing
- Storage options include ditty trays at the rear
- High initial stability hull design
- Comfortable luggage-style handles for easy transportation
- Includes transom motor mount bracket (requires assembly)
- Rated for use with an electric motor with a thrust rating of 40 lbs
- Innovative skeg wheel for transportation and tracking
We gladly bought the canoe over the Internet as we read some good reviews, so after two weeks of waiting we came to our local Walmart to get it, and the bottom of the canoe was warped/depressed in a few places. Also, there was a lot of plastic pellets in the canoe, looks like the manufacturer did not even clean it after molding.The Walmart workers were very helpful with the canoe (literally too, as it it was heavy), as well as with helping returning it back as it was faulty.Right after Walmart we went to a local Dicks and looked at Emotion Wasatch canoe which is a twin brother of Lifetime Kodiak canoe, the only difference is that it is green and includes no paddles. Right away we saw a few bumps at the bottom of the canoe too. I would NOT recommend buying either of the canoes to anybody unless you have some money to waste.
The Lifetime Kodiak Canoe, like its name implies, is a burly canoe that is as stable as it is strong. Built from blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) it is durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant. The hull was designed to defy the tippy canoe stereotype while retaining dependable on-the-water performance through tracking channels and a patented skeg wheel design which also assists with portability. For those looking for a performance boost, the Lifetime Kodiak is rated for use with an electric motor with a thrust rating of 40 lb. Simply assemble the included motor mount bracket and hit the water. The Kodiak includes two comfortable adjustable and removable seatbacks for the bow and stern seats while the center bench seat is suitable for accommodating a third paddler. This canoe will be perfect for your whole family!